Accordion webpart with cookies enabled

Aug 10, 2009 at 11:41 AM

Great feature I must say. What I would like to also see is cookies enabled on this webpart and trhat will make it very powerfull and once we  have got that in place we can make this feature genering meaning (it can use any list not only announcements list). Is it possible to get cookies enabled be it jquery-cookies plug-in intergrated with this featue or any JS for cookies?

Coordinator
Aug 12, 2009 at 1:28 AM

@maqwatig: Thanks for the suggestion :)

The problem I found in using any list is - what columns should be looked for accordion's data - like the Title and Body - So, currently I am investigating on how one can achieve this.

Can you tell me more on how the cookies can make the accordion to use any list not only announcements list?

Thanks,

Chaks

Aug 12, 2009 at 7:18 PM

Hi chakkaradeep

Let me explain more: I suggested TWO things. 1. Accordion to have cookies(see jquery-cookies) so that even if for instance you use it as a vertical/horizontal menu for navigation for your site, you can be able to persist the last opened tab. 2. "Any list " means any custom list that accordion would get title and body(i.e div H3 and div body) , I hope I'm clear.

The reason why I am suggesting this (cookies) I have used the accordion as a SITE MENU but I could not figure out how to integrate it with jquery-cookies so if you have solution for that it will be appreciated.

Thanks buddy!

Coordinator
Aug 14, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Hi @maqwatiq,

>>Accordion to have cookies(see jquery-cookies) so that even if for instance you use it as a vertical/horizontal menu for navigation for your site, you can be able to persist the last opened tab

This would be really helpful for menus. But I am not sure how this would help for an announcement accordion. Nevertheless, I can still include as an option, but will see how useful it is for this current accordion.

>>Any list " means any custom list that accordion would get title and body

Thats pretty hard to generalize. We cannot assume every custom list would have both title and body.

Thanks,

Chaks