Announcements Accordion WebPart

Aug 28, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Hi there,

I wanted to try the WebPart as I thought it might be a good component to use for a solution.

Unfortunatly i'm not able to use it at this moment:

* I'm working with Publishing sites, which don't have a Announcement-list. I thought it would be possible to create a generic list and add the Announcement-contenttype to the list. But still the WebPart doesn't show the list in the dropdownbox.

* I wanted to use this component to realize a FAQ-functionality. Unfortuntly i would not be able to set the order of items. Why not expand the WebPart to also be able to select a view of a list.

greetings, Sander

Coordinator
Aug 30, 2009 at 9:59 AM

Hi Sander,

Currently the web parts do not support Publishing Sites.

1) I think I can look into allowing the user to select lists having Announcement content type instead which would make it work in publishing sites too.

2) Yes, selecting a View is in my 'To-Do' list, just haven't got the time to site and finish it off :)

Thanks,

Chaks

Coordinator
Aug 30, 2009 at 10:02 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Aug 30, 2009 at 10:03 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
May 13, 2011 at 2:03 AM
Edited May 13, 2011 at 2:05 AM

Is there a way to sort the announcements so that the ones that are created last are shown at the top of the list? I have no way to reorder the items that are created.

Also, I have some browsers that are displaying authentication prompts when this web part is loaded. The script tags appear to be the issue, How do I prevent this? I have already adjusted all of the browser settings that I know of.

Thanks!