According WebPart Not work Correctly

Sep 7, 2009 at 9:48 PM

Hi All : I have aproblem , I installed the jQuery Web Parts for SharePoint After Installed JQuery SmartTools But the Accordion not worked  just titel and content appeared in sepeartate two line

I miss something ??

 

 

 

Coordinator
Sep 9, 2009 at 5:17 AM

Hi,

Have you activated the jQuery UI Library feature? Instructions here.

Thanks,

Chaks

Sep 11, 2009 at 5:06 PM

yes I did but not working ?

Sep 17, 2009 at 11:15 AM

Hello Chakkaradeep

Firstly thank you for your time and effort with the jquery controls, a customer spotted them and I am trying to incorporate them into a test site with a view to installing them into their site..

Test Machines.. Windows Server 2003 Virtual Machine SP2, Dot Net Framework 3.5 SP, WSS SP1 and MOSS SP1, the SQL 2005, Exchange 2007 and AD are on another Virtual Machine and everything is working, I am also very familiar with SharePoint.

spjquerywebparts_v1.1.1.0.zip and SmartTools.ChartsSetup_v1_0_BETA2.zip have been installed and activated via the installation tools provided.

WebParts  tested on a Blank, Document and Collaboration Site

I have also tested jquery-1.3.2.min.js by creating a simple helloworld web part and adding java and html to test (worked albeit very clunky)

As far as I can see the webparts cannot see the java runtime libraries, I have the same as Mr Hamdan.

I have now spent two days trying every combination to get this to work, I have downloaded Visual Studio 2008 and had a look at the Source Code to check the paths for Java and everything seems to be in order..

Do you have any suggestions, as I would really love to get this to work ?

Best Regards

Robin McManus

 

 

 

Coordinator
Sep 18, 2009 at 1:57 AM

Hi Robin,

>>spjquerywebparts_v1.1.1.0.zip and SmartTools.ChartsSetup_v1_0_BETA2.zip have been installed and activated via the installation tools provided

You need to install SmartTools.jQuerySetup and not the ChartsSetup.

You can also just right click on the page, select View Source and see whether both the jQuery and jQueryUI .js files are referenced.

I am not sure which Java runtime libraries you are referring to as Java is not used here at all. Are you referring to jQuery and Javascript? Can you also check whether Javascript is enabled in the browser?

Thanks,

Chaks

Sep 24, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Hello Chaks

Sorry for the late reply.. 

When referring to java I was referring to jQuery.

Firstly, I have to thank you twice.. in my determination to resolve this problem (four days 9 am to 12 pm) I ended up writing a web part to link to jQuery to test, I pulled the web.config file apart to find out how it worked and I went through every directory to find out where I was going wrong, stsadm and the log files are very powerful tools

 The answer was so simple.. I was installing the wrong file.. however I now have a thorough understanding of how SharePoint works and it's features so it wasn't time wasted but an education..

Thankyou..the Web Parts are Brilliant and your hard work is appreciated..

Best Regards

Robin McManus

 

 

Sep 24, 2009 at 9:58 PM

Hi,

I was having trouble getting the web part to work properly as well (already having installed the SmartTools.Query setup and enabling it in the Site Collection feature).  But found a hack fix for the Accordion.

First I downloaded the "/_layouts/jQueryUI/ui.core.js" and "/_layouts/SmartTools.jQuery/jquery-1.3.min.js" from SharePoint server (where the jQuery files were installed).  I then uploaded them to my "Site Collection Documents" library of my top level site.
I then navigated to the page that has the Accordion web part on it.  I created a Content Editor Web Part (right above the Accordion web part) and added the following lines to it's source:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/SiteCollectionDocuments/jquery-1.3.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/SiteCollectionDocuments/ui.core.js"></script>

This caused the web part to start working.  My thinking is that there is some kind of bug with using the /layouts/ path for executing the js files?  Maybe the file's content type is not being sent to the browser properly and the browser thinks it is an unknown file type?  Could it have anything to do with having SharePoint SP2 installed (maybe it worked in a pre-SP2)?  I don't really know though.

Anyways, the disadvantage to the above method is that you have to include those files for each page you need the web part on (or place it in a custom master page).  Hope this helps everyone until a proper fix can be found.

 

 

Coordinator
Sep 30, 2009 at 2:52 AM

@Caspearious - Thanks a lot for testing the web part.

I will be doing some work this week on this project and will try to address some of the issues. If things go well, you will have a new version to download :)

Cheers,

Chaks

May 13, 2011 at 2:09 AM

Please post a new version. I am experiencing the same issue with this web part. I used Caspearious solution as a workaround but would like to have a fix for this soon. Thanks!